an unfinished novel . . . 4.15.11

01 March 2011

the royal we

High school is all about where we have been.

College is about where we're going.

I kind of like that 1, & I haven't been here in a while, so I thought I'd put up some words.

Also, I played w/ the pronouns ("you"? "we"? a mixture?).

I like the royal we.

So, we are moving forward w/ research & all kinds of stuff.

Check back here for more in the future.

Recent music:


Mr Big, Back to Budokan

Love these guys (note Paul Gilbert--the guy w/ the red pants from my classroom wall--in the upper right).

Gonna see 'em live at the HofB Sunset before they head to Japan, & I love living near LA.

Highlights:  "Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy," "Addicted to That Rush," Green-Tinted Sixties Mind," "Take Cover," & of course the bass &  guitar solos, as well as the & guitar & bass duo.

Finally, "To Be With You," the 1 hit. You gotta hear Finbar & Cedric sing that 1.

be cool

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Mcbride,
    You have a lot of bands and songs to catch up on...
    Also love the use of the royal we, as we –as a whole, not we as in me; you know what I mean– do not see it too often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison Frazier was the first person to introduce me to the "royal we". I think that makes it sort of holy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... Patrick Dempsey movie is Can't Buy Me Love...and he mows the lawn and does an African tribal dance at their dance. Soooo funny

    ReplyDelete